Over and above the Government Scholarship given (SC/ST /OEC, KPCR, OBC, SEBC etc.) the college provides the following scholarships:
- Scholarships for Economically Backward students.
- Scholarship for students from specified categories
- Mar Mathew Vattakuzhy Endowment Scholarship. (Available only to students who belong to Kanjirappally Diocese).
- Scholarships for Dalit Christian Students.
- Merit cum means scholarships
- Mar Mathew Arackal Endowment Scholarship. (One student from each class is entitled to get this scholarship).
- Fr George Ampazhathunkal Endowment Scholarship. (This is a merit cum means scholarship for outstanding students. This scholarship is awarded only to five students identified by the scholarship committee)
- Three merit cum means scholarship for outstanding students belonging to SC/ ST communities. (Available only to students in UG Departments.)
- Principal’s Endowment (This is a merit cum means scholarship for outstanding girl students.)
- Endowments from Departments
- ‘Caridade’ scholarship initiated by the students of M Com, guided by Dr Chackochan J. Njavallil
- We Care and Share
This is a new initiative of Marian, introduced during the academic year 2014-15. Under this scheme every year deserving students in need of financial support are identified and given interest free loans. The funds required for this initiative is generated through contributions from alumni, parents and benefactors.
- Social Justice Department
Social Justice Department has initiated a new comprehensive scheme called ‘Vidyakiranam’ that provides educational assistance to children of differently abled parents (disability for both parents/ disability for anyone parent) who are economically deprived. From each category educational assistance will be provided to 25 children from each district for duration of 10 months. The children have been categorized as follows:-
- Equivalent courses
- Training Courses
- Professional Courses Rs. 1000/
- Scholarship will be provided to children of disabled parents belonging to BPL category.
- The disability of father/ mother must be 40 percentage or above.
- Copy of BPL ration card.
- Income certificate from the concerned Village Officer.
- Copy of Medical board certificate showing percentage of disability.
- Attested copy of Disability ID card.
- Scholarship will be provided to all classes for duration of 10 months.
- Assistance will be provided as onetime for each class.
- Those benefiting from other educational assistance schemes are not eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Applicants pursuing courses from Govt. approved Institutions are eligible to apply. Students pursuing courses from parallel colleges and doing part time courses need not apply.
The duly filled application forms must be forwarded through the respective Institution heads to the concerned District Social Justice Officers. The scholarship amount will be transferred to the bank account of the eligible beneficiaries.
For more details visit : www.sjd.kerala.gov.in