Department of Business Administration (BBA)
|Course Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Aided)||6||60
The department of Business Administration functioning from the inception of the college in 1995, offers a full time bachelors program with six semesters leading to the degree of Bachelor of Business Administration with E- Commerce as the optional subject. The programme orients the participants to a foundation in Management, Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Taxation at the Bachelor's level. At the root level, a BBA degree equips aspirants to track pragmatic study on a real world business situation and develop a way to enhance the aptitude to arrive at canny business inferences and put forward business strategies to maximize the business model for both revenue and resource employment. The program also serves as a stepping-stone for higher career programs like MBA, CA, ICWA, CS, MCom, and ICFA etc. At present, it has a student strength of sixty and faculty strength of six.
- Candidate shall be shall be required to have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
- Marks obtained in Part III of qualifying examination with 50% quota for Arts and Commerce Group and 50% quota for Science Group and if not filled up from one quota the rest can be filled from other quota.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 400/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for all UG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
Department of Business Administration enjoys a tie up with Frazer Valley University Vancouver, Canada. This helps a student to pursue his/her final two semesters at Canada. International acceptance of BBA program has become more evident from the presence of foreign students in the 2017 – ’20 batch.
Management training methodology involves imparting knowledge as well as the development of skills. Keeping this in view, distinctive training methods like seminars, paper presentations, group discussions, case studies, role-play are integrated. In the sixth semester students undergo a one month long management project choosing a topic related to the functional areas of management, associating themselves with an organisation in India or abroad. The students have to undergo at least one compulsory industrial visit for every batch every year. They also involve in at least one compulsory outreach programme for every batch every year. To enhance employability skills and competitive examination skills, zero credit programs are offered in every semester. To practice management concepts they learned, students, under the auspices of Marian Management Association, organizes various activities like intra/inter collegiate management fests, industrial visits, interaction with experts from industry and Alumni etc.
- Major highlight of university result - Since 1998 (first batch), 10 university rank holders
- Placements – 25 for the year 2017 – ‘18. Names of companies recruited – Biotech, Sutherland
- Any other notable achievements of students – podium position in start Up Mela (Jan.2018) an entrepreneurial competition held by St. Joseph’s Business School Trichy.
- Academic Qualifications
- PhD : 1
- PhD pursuing : 1
- M.Phil : 1
- Additional degrees : 1
No. of books authored by faculty : 3
Research publications , last five years : 20
Peer reviewer : 1
Minor and Major research projects : 2
Seminar/Conferences/ International experience : 67
Training and consultancy (if any) : 2
Membership in Board of studies of University/ expert committee/ Professional association : 4
Paper presentations Abroad : 4
Books/study materials : 2
- more than 20 years : 3
- more than 20 years : 1
- more than 2 years : 1
|04869-232203, 232654, +919447083311|