Department of Applied Economics
|Programme Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|Bachelor of Arts in Applied Economics (Self Financing)||6||30
The B.A Applied Economics offered by the Department of Applied Economics at Marian College Kuttikkanam (Autonomous) is a prestigious and unique degree, focusing on practical economics. This course will help the students to get a strong foundation in Economics, Statistics, Mathematical Economics and Econometrics. Through various programs, the department gives students international exposure in addition to preparing the students for competitive exams. Students have an opportunity to engage in social immersion programs and to pitch their business ideas.
- Candidates shall be required to have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination or an examination recognised by this University as equivalent thereto.
- Total marks obtained in the qualifying examination less handicap marks plus the marks obtained for optional concerned at the qualifying examination plus a subject weightage of 50 marks in the case of those who have taken the Economics Subject at the qualifying examination plus bonus marks if any.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Application fee is Rs 400/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates).
- Single application is sufficient for all UG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management. Interested students can apply. Rs 500 extra.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. The form has to be filled and submitted to the college office.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
- The course includes software tools for accounting like Tally/ QuickBooks
- Python/ R/ SPSS/ Stata are offered as part of data analytics
- Experiential learning includes live projects and field activities
- Special emphasis is given for industrial exposure, Internships and out-reach programs.
- National and international workshops, conferences and symposiums are conducted
- Entrepreneurial skill development programs are given to the students as part of the curriculum
- Partnership with Research Centre for Sustainable and Inclusive Development, NGOs and United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI)
- Tie up with ALS IAS, Delhi for Civil Services coaching.
- Experiential Learning - Computer Applications (MS Office), industrial visits
- Active learning – mathematics problem solving
- Social Media Learning – WhatsApp Class rooms
- Collaborative learning
- Lecture /Quiz/ GD/Presentation/Assignments/Audio-Visual Materials
- ‘Expert Talks’ for students by eminent professors and professionals
- State Level Silver Medal for Taekwondo
- Active memberships in Marian Band, NSS, NCC, Jesus Youth and CSM
- Two Students got admission to Integrated PG Courses of Central University of Tamilnadu and Pondicherry Central University during their course of study in the Department
- ‘After School’ – classes for school students
- Academic Qualifications
No. of books authored by faculty - 1
Research publications – 3
Seminars/workshops Attended – 14
National Seminars Conducted - 1
Training and consultancy – 3 (Economics for other departments (BSW / MSW/ MMH)
- UGC NET - 1
- Additional Degrees – 2
|04869-232203, 232654, +919447083311|