Department of Physics (UG)
|Programme Name||No.of semesters||Total seats
|Bachelor of Science in Physics ||6||40
Marian College Kuttikkanam Autonomous begins BSc Physics from 2020 academic year. The Programme offers advanced job oriented courses like Flexible Electronics and Nanotechnology, it also includes course like Mathematical Physics, Computational Physics etc. and cover all foundation courses in Physics. The complementary courses of this programme are Mathematics and Chemistry.
The students who complete our B Sc. Physics programme can pursue Integrated Ph.D./Post Graduate studies in Physics/Nano Technology/Photonics/Astro Physics/Electronics/Computer Application/Computer Science/Management Studies etc.
The programme offers special training for:
- Entrance examinations leading to Integrated Ph.D/Post Graduate studies at national level institutes
- The college offers training in Competitive exams like bank tests and UPSC exams.
- Recruitment drives of Scientific/IT and other reputed companies
Procedure for the preparation of rank list
- Pass at 10+2 /equivalent with 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.
- Total marks obtained in Part III of the qualifying examination less handicap marks plus marks obtained for the Physics plus bonus marks if any.
Admission to Management Quota
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application fee should be remitted online.
- Application fee is Rs 400/- (Rs 200/- for SC/ST candidates
- Students who have already submitted the enquiry form must also fill the online application.
- Single application is sufficient for all UG programmes.
- Application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- There is a separate application form and application fee for management quota.
- Students who have applied for a merit seat only can apply for management quota seats. If a candidate has applied only for management quota seats, such applications will be rejected.
- Admission to management seats will be made by the Management.
- Candidates applying under management/community quota have to download an additional form after registration. These forms shall be filled and submitted to the college office in physical form.
- Age proof (10th Matriculation Certificate), Proof of eligibility certificates for bonus marks must be uploaded.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, admission process can be completed only after the submission of result of the qualifying examination.
The College has already introduced outcome based education into the curriculum which ensures upskilling. The knowledge updating and enhancement will happen through Class room lectures, Problem solving sessions, Practicals, Experimental activities, Modelling and simulation, Project, Group Discussion, Presentation, Quiz, Assignments, Peer teaching, Peer learning, Invited lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Online classes, Industrial visits, Research laboratory visits, Outreach programmes.
The B.Sc Physics program follows a semester-based course structure and continuous evaluation within an innovative academic curriculum. The key features of the programme is the thrust given to the foundation topics in Physics and Mathematical Physics, it also gives ample importance to advanced areas in Physics and elective subjects. The core Physics include advanced job oriented courses like Flexible Electronics and Nanotechnology. Eligible students will get opportunity to do their Research Project/ Internship/ Hands on Training in these job oriented areas of technology.
There are summer projects (non-credit course) during the first and second year summer vacation and gain industrial/academic/research training. The students will be given an opportunity to undertake 6th semester project outside the college in association with premier scientific research organisations/industries in the country/ aboard to meet with challenges in research at the global front.
B.Sc Physics programme contains Eighteen core (Physics) courses, Twelve core practical courses, One choice based course from the frontier area of the core courses, One project in the core area, Four complementary (Mathematics) courses, Four complementary (Chemistry) courses, Four complementary (Chemistry) practical courses, Two English courses, One Environmental Physics & Human Rights course and One module of research methodology.
The open course in V semester can be selected from large list of courses offered by other departments in the college. In VI semester one course is selected by the student from the bunch of choice based courses provided in the syllabus.
The programme offers also large number of non-credit skill based courses which are very much useful in our day to day life. Each student needs to select at least one non-credit course per semester and can select maximum of twelve non-credit courses during the duration of programme.
|Dr. Sunny Mathew, Mobile: 9447964990|
|Office: 04869-232203, 232654, +919447083311|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|