Dr Binu Thomas
- PhD Computer Science
Experience in other academic institutions
- Served Royal University Bhutan under technical Cooperation Scheme of SAARC.
International/national seminars attended
- Participated in the conference “Technology- Assisted Teaching and Learning for Whole Person Education: Opportunities and Challenges in Asia” held at Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong on May 16-18, 2018.
- Seminar on “Academic Perspective of innovation and Intellectual Property Rights” held on 28th September 2018- organized by Marian IPR Cell and Patent Information Centre Kerala /Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment.
- National Seminar on Academic and Administrative audit for Quality Enhancement organized by the internal quality assurance Cell on 19th January, 2017.
- Three day National workshop on Transformative Leadership to meet the Challenges in higher education Institutions organized by Xavier board of Higher Education in India, Bangalore held on February 10th 2017 at Loyola College of Social Science, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Faculty Development Programme in Quality Assurance in higher education conducted by ICT Academy of Kerala In Association with FLAIR held at Maria rani Centre Thiruvananthapuram from 31.10.2016- 01.11.2016.
- Five Day National hands-on Workshop on big data analytics Using R Organized by Department of Computer Application, saintgits College of Engineering, in association with CSI and ISTE Chapters of SCE from April 18-22, 2016.
- One Day Hands on Workshop on cloud titled “OPEN BOOK” held on 16th Feb 2016 at Marian College Kuttikkanam.
- Two day workshop on Business Analytics-Data to Decision held at Marian International Institute of Management Peermade on 28 & 29 October 2015.
- Participated in the National Conference on Challenges and Issues in information security Held on 14 to 16 January 2015 at Marian college kuttikkanam.
Papers presented/sessions chaired
- Resource person in the One Day Conference on Innovative Teaching Learning about Higher education organized by Xavier board of Higher Education in India in association with Assumption College Changanassery on 11th December 2017.
- Delivered a talk in the one day Seminar on Big Data Analytics organized by the Department of Computer Science and Applications SAS S N D P Yogam College Konni on 19th January 2016.
- Engaged a session on recent trends in artificial intelligence at the national conference on Artificial Intelligence organized by Department of Computer Science of Government College Nedumangad on 29th January 2016.
- Resource person in the one day seminar on BIG DATA conducted by Department of Computer Science MES College, Nedumkandam on 18th august 2016.
- Delivered a talk on the topic Ethics of writing and publishing Research articles during the national seminar on recent advances in Signal Image processing Sponsored by UGC and organized by Department of Computer Applications NSS, college Rajakumari on 5th and 6th February 2015.
- Resource person for the orientation programme organized by department of Computer Applications, Amal Jyothi College of Engineering Kanirapally on 27th July 2017.
Articles, monographs published in referred journals
- (Binu Thomas and G Raju, “A fuzzy threshold based unsupervised clustering algorithm for natural data exploration” Networking and Information Technology, (ICNIT),IEEE, 2010, pp 473 – 477.
- Thomas, Binu, and G. Raju. "A novel unsupervised fuzzy clustering method for preprocessing of quantitative attributes in association rule mining." Information Technology and Management 2013 pp 1-9.
- Binu Thomas, G. Raju, “A Fuzzy Threshold Based Modified Clustering Algorithm for Natural Data Exploration” Intelligence and Security Informatics, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 6122, 2010, pp 167-172.
- Binu Thomas, G. Raju, and W. Sonam. "A modified fuzzy c-means algorithm for natural data exploration." World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 49, 2009 pp 478-481.
- G Raju, B Thomas , “Fuzzy clustering methods in data mining: A comparative case analysis” in Proceeedings of International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering, ICATE 08, 2008. pp 489 – 493.
- G. Raju, A. Singh, Th. Shanta Kumar, Binu Thomas, “ Integration of Fuzzy Logic in Data Mining: A comparative Case Study”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science, Loyola College, Chennai, 2008, pp 128-136.
- G. Raju, Binu Thomas, Th. Shanta Kumar, Sangay Thinley, “Integration of Fuzzy Logic in Data Mining to Handle Vagueness and Uncertainty”, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Volume 5227, 2008, pp 880- 887.
- Thomas, Binu, and G. Raju. "A novel fuzzy clustering method for outlier detection in data mining." Advances In Data Management, (2009), pp 112-120.
- Binu Thomas, G Raju, “A Novel Web Classification Algorithm Using Fuzzy Weighted Association Rules” ISRN Artificial Intelligence (Communicated).
- Binu Thomas, Victor Devadoss “ A Simple Fuzzy Clustering Method for Outlier Detection”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science, Loyola College, Chennai, 2009, pp 134-140.
- Thomas, Binu, and Th. Shanta Kumar. "Association Rule Mining in Data Mining – A Survey" Sherub Doenme, (2008), pp 25-33 ISSN 1027-0922.
Other major/minor research/projects undertaken
- Part of innovative Augmented Reality based learning project- AR learn headed by Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Associating with web based learning project UReply headed by Chinese University Hong Kong.
- UGC Funded Project on “Impact of Social Media in Higher Education”.
- Website for Sherubtse College.
- Web Based software on ‘Software Cost Estimation’.
- Online Feedback Analysis system.
- Research Projects-“Social Media and Employability of Students – A Data Mining Analysis”.
- Chairman board of studies in Management - Marian College Kuttikkanam.
- Coordinator of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Marian college Kuttikkanam.
- Recipient of Colombo Plan Foreign deputation Scheme of Ministry of economic affairs Government of India.
- Joint Director - Marian Institute for Teaching Learning and Evaluation (MILTE).
- Head of ICT Committee- Marian College Kuttikkanam during 2011-2013.
- Conference chair and editor- Marian College Kuttikkanam, during 2011 and 2012.
- Head of the Department of Computer Applications- Marian College Kuttikkanam, during 2009-2012.
- Member of board of studies – UG Computer Applications Kannur University.
- Member of board of studies – PG Computer applications Mahatma Gandhi University.