All programs are outcome oriented, ICT enabled, engaging learning experience through innovative teaching learning and assessment activities.
Major highlights of the criterion are:
• Learner-centric and ICT integrated teaching-learning and assessment process.
• The average enrolment percentage is 90.82% and the seats filled against reserved categories is 82.11%.
• The percentage of full time teachers against sanctioned posts is 100% with an average experience of 11.31 years. 40.13% of the teachers have PhD or higher degrees.
• The teacher - student ratio of the College is 1:19
• The learning levels of the students are assessed through psychometric tests, qualifying examination marks, domain specific tests (Marian professional assessment test, Programming/Coding skills assessment etc.) and continuous assessments as part of OBE.
• Special opportunities for advanced learners include Walk with a Scholar, training for competitive exams, scholarship for professional programs and paper presentations, teaching internships, and online learning platforms such as Coursera edX, NPTEL-SWAYAM etc.
• Slow learners are engaged through Student Support programs, Peer group/buddy learning, remedial/ bridge courses, cooperative tasks and mixed (Slow and Advanced) group formation for projects/fieldwork.
• The mentor –mentee ratio is 1:19 and the College has a systematic mentoring process integrated into the time table.
• Academic Calendar and the teaching plans are strictly followed. Student satisfaction surveys are conducted and feedback on faculty is taken regularly.
• Experiential learning methods frequently used are internships, industrial visits, on-the-job training, field practicum/trips, surveys, peer- teaching activities, focused group learning, group discussions and presentations, flipped classrooms, response paper writing, reflective writing, micro projects, publishing articles etc.
• Integrated ICT tools like Moodle, Padlet, Kahoot, Mentimeter, Quizzes, Google Suite, Code Runner etc.
• Linkages with foreign Universities to implement ICT tools.
• Pioneered in Outcome Based Education in the state of Kerala.
• Published two books on OBE and has also offered training in OBE to peer institutions.
• The examination results are published within 15 days from the completion of the examinations.
• The average pass percentage of students is 90.12.
• Complaints/grievances about evaluation is below 4.5 %.
• The functioning of the Office of Controller of Examinations is fully automated including the assessment of OBE attainment.