The top leadership at Marian has demonstrated its commitment and effectiveness by creating a culture of excellence and innovativeness. Successful attainment of ‘autonomy status’ and its implementation is an excellent example for the effective participatory governance approach, strategic planning and committed leadership.
The major highlights are:
• The Governing Body (GB) and the Board of Management (BoM) decide on major policy matters and makes necessary recommendations for institution’s seamless operation.
• Marian has the following policies in place: curriculum, teaching-learning, HR, research, extension, consultancy, environment, infrastructure, gender equity, grievance-redressal, faculty development, collaborations and divyangjan.
• Annual Corporate Plans are prepared based on inputs from departments and long term strategic plans of the institution. Suggestions from all stakeholders are incorporated in the process. The successful implementation of Rs 5 crore RUSA project is an example of the participatory planning and execution process adopted by the institution.
• All institutional administrative transactions, documentation and data management procedures are automated with Campus ERP system by investing Rs. 84,16,702.
• Many staff welfare measures like financial support for attending training and conferences, staff tour, loan facilities, salary advances, maternity and paternity leaves are implemented. Rs. 21,70,900 was spent in this head.
• Marian is the first in the State to implement Outcome Based Education and Moodle and raised Rs. 31,17,000 through consultancy and inter institutional quality enhancement projects. Published 2 books on OBE.
• Conducted the following audits - Annual Academic and Administrative Audit, Green Audit, Energy Audit, Environment Audit and Gender Audit during the assessment period.
• Organized 8 National and International workshops, 52 training programs, provided financial support to 143 teachers for attending conferences and workshops. 256 teachers attended FDPs.
• The institution has obtained ISO Certification and participated successfully in NIRF.
• Mentored three institutions towards successful NAAC accreditation through PARAMARSH scheme.
• Fund mobilization and utilization policy with regular auditing mechanism and generated Rs. 1,12,58,678 from various philanthropists.
• The institution is in the forefront of exploring the new opportunities offered by National Education Policy 2020 and has implemented initiatives such as OBE, ABC, NAD and multi-disciplinary components in the curriculum.